Money Making Ideas
“Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” — Chinese Proverb
Money is something you can never have enough of. No matter how much you make, you can always use a little more of it. What a lot of people don’t realize is that there are so many different ways to make more money. With some know-how about the many different money making ideas that are available to you, and a little bit of effort, you can easily make a fair amount of extra money. And once you get going, sky is the limit – you can either let it stay a stream of side income or build it up slowly to turn it into a mega empire.
So, irrespective of whether you are looking for ways to make extra money to pay off debt, or to boost your income, you are at the right place. This section is dedicated to providing you several different money making ideas, so you can pick the one(s) that works best for your unique skills and circumstances. For each idea listed we also provide all the information you need to get started and get going. Need even more info? Don’t worry, we have you covered. For each money making idea, we have put together a short list of the best books on the topic. Pick a copy of any of the books on our “recommended reading” list either online, at your local bookstore or from the library, and we guarantee your curiosity will be sated, questions will be answered and horizon will be broadened.
As you look through the site, think of this page is the “Table of Contents” that will help you navigate through the massive amount of information we are accumulating – you can access it at any time from the navigation bar just below the site header. And remember to join our newsletter to receive exclusive tips sent only to the subscribers! Without further ado, here we go -
This is one of the money making ideas where you can get started right now, literally! It offers great flexibility both in terms of time and the amount of work you take on. Thanks to the Internet, you can explore freelancing in many different fields, the most popular ones being writing, web design, illustrator, accountant, etc. Here are some articles that will help you figure out if freelancing is the right option for you, how you can get started and what to watch our for as you establish yourself as the go-to freelancer in your field.
- Yes, You Too Can Make Money as a Freelancer (The Basics )
- 8 Things You Must Do Before You Even Start Looking for Clients
- 5 Ugly Issues Most Freelancers Face (and How to Deal with Them)
- Going on the Hunt: 5 Incredibly Simple Ways to Bag Clients
- How Much Should You Pay a Freelancer?
- Before You Dive Into the World of Freelance Writing, Beware of These Three Gotchas
What started as an auction site several years ago is now the worlds biggest virtual garage sale, a 24/7/365 shopping mall selling everything from trinkets to expensive one-of-a-kind collectibles, and of course non-stop auction — all rolled in one. With so many people cashing in on it, this may be one of the money making ideas that will work for you too — provided you know the basics of how to get started, and how to crush the competition. Articles in this section will help you do just that!
- What Every Resource About Making Money on Ebay Assumes You Already Know (The Basics )
- Ready to Jump In? The Quick and Easy Guide to Getting Started on eBay
- Making Money on eBay: 10 Tips for Super Star Selling
- 6 Easy Steps to Making Money with an eBay Store
- How You Too Can Get Started on eBay in a Very Short Time, with Minimal Investment
Blogging has got a lot of lip service over the past few years, probably because of the sheer number of bloggers out there. But to be honest, this is one of the hardest money making ideas to implement. Find out if this is the right option for you from the first article which will go over the basics, and then look through some of the other articles to learn more about what blogging entails.
- Is Blogging (for Money) the Right Option for You? (The Basics )
- 8 Must Know Blogging Ground Rules
- Put The Simplicity And Power Of An RSS Feed To Work For You
- Want to Provide More Engaging Content on Your Blog? Hone those Teaching Skills
- 6 Questions To Determine What You Should Blog About (And Make Tons of Money From It)
I love the idea of writing and selling eBooks, because it is one of the money making ideas with the most potential for generating a passive income. You need to put in some effort upfront (or spend money to outsource), to write and promote. But once the ball starts rolling, you need to do less and less, while you earn more and more. What’s not to like about that? Check out more information below.
Have you noticed the nice pictures on all the articles in this blog? And the images on the other successful blogs? These are not free images from flickr — I bet you can tell from how professional they are. And every time I buy for one of these images, a photographer out there is making some money. Are you handy with the camera? If yes, it could be you that is getting paid, if you opted for this money making idea! Read on for more…
Modeling has got to be one of the most glamorous money making ideas we cover. If you have what it takes, not only is it a nice way to earn some extra money, but can do wonders to your self confidence and personal image. Check out the articles in this section to see if you have what it takes, and how to get started on a shoe string budget.
If you have experience with administrative work, but are looking for a more flexible schedule than going to an office every day, then this may be one of the money making ideas meant for you. Even if you don’t have a huge amount of experience, if you have the required skills, you can get started quite easily. Thanks to the Internet, virtual assisting is gaining more popular by the day. What you start now as a side income may well be your full-time income some day!
Doesn’t it seem like there is a website for everything you ever needed? From information about dog walking to reviews of the latest baby stroller models, there are sites to cater to your every whim and fancy. Did you ever wonder who owns all these sites? With a little bit of know-how, it could be you! Just find a profitable niche and build a site around it and see why this is one of the money making ideas that has captured the fancy of so many people interested in making money online.
- Niche Site 101: What You Need to Know About Getting Rich by Pitching a Niche (The Basics )
- Never Let a “Writer’s Block” Leave Your Site Paralyzed Again
- Five Basic Mistakes Most People Make While Picking Keywords (and End Up Crippling Their Income Significantly)
- 10 Linkbuilding Strategies to Get Some Momentum Started
This one is one of the most intriguing money making ideas on our list. Everyone is fascinated by the idea of making money to shop! Yes, it is possible. But like with most other ideas we discuss, you need to know how to separate the what from the chaff. Read on to figure out if this is something that might work for you…
If you are good at something, then one of the most straight-forward ways to make money from it is to teach others that are interested in what you have to offer. Find out how you can make the most from the simplest of the money making ideas that we cover.
- Offering Private Lessons: A Guaranteed Way to Make Money from Your Passion (The Basics )
- 10 Time-Tested Tips for Finding Students for Private Lessons
- Teaching Excellence: 10 Qualities of a Great Tutor
- Work as an Independent Tutor or With a Tutoring Company?
- How to Become an Online Tutor
- 5 Lessons YOU Need to Learn To Become the Best Tutor Ever
You’ve heard of flipping real estate. But what is this flipping websites, you ask? It is one of the money making ideas that some of the folks in the “Internet generation” are into. The basics of the process is the same – except instead of real estate, you buy a virtual estate (website), jazz it up and sell it for a profit (hopefully). And just as real-estate flipping is rife with huge gotchas, so is the business of flipping websites. Yet, if you are thrill seeker with only very little start up capital, this one may be perfect for you.
Can you whip up creative masterpieces without batting an eyelid, but shiver at the mere thought of marketing it? We’ve got you covered. In this section we will show you how you can make money by selling your crafts and art, so you can turn your talents and hobbies into brilliant money making ideas.
This section specifically covers some of the offline money making ideas. As mentioned above, if there is sufficient interest in any one of them, we will add more articles on that topic and separate it out into subcategory.
- Got Organization Skills? Make Money as an Event Planner
- Got Guts? Become a Student Landlord!
- Dumpster Diving 101: How to Turn Trash to Cash
- Foot Loose? Make Money As You Travel the World!
- 10 Little Known Ways to Make Extra Money Offline
- The Most Gratifying Money Making Idea If You Love Kids – Become a Mother’s Helper
- Life is Better with Frosting: Start a Home-Based Cake Decorating Business
- An Eye for an “I Do”: Starting a Wedding Video Business
- How to Make Money Growing and Selling Herbs (and Herbal Products)
- A Quick Guide for Starting a Doggie Daycare Business
- Extreme Couponing 101: How to Make Money Using a Lost Art Form
We have tonnes more money making ideas, and they are generally covered in this and the next section. If there is enough interest, we will turn each of these into stand-alone subcategories like the ones above. Be sure to let us know if you want to see more information on any one of these… or if you have a new money making idea that we can include in this list!
Do you know of any more money making ideas that we should be covering? Feel free to let us know by emailing us, or let loose the writer inside you by turning it into a guest post! Have you joined our newsletter yet? It is jam packed with exclusive tips sent only to subscribers. And to boot it, we are giving away a Free 10-part Bonus eSeries – “Dont Envy the Successful Entrepreneur – Become One!“
All our emails include the easy unsubscribe link – so for any reason, if the articles don’t live up to your expectation, you can unsubscribe in one click. And, we value your privacy and will NEVER share your email address with anyone, for any reason.